The Scientific Research Council of Jamaica in collaboration with the IPICA and CAP4INNO projects hosted the 4th Biennial National Science, Technology and Innovation Conference & Exposition under the theme “Science, Technology and Innovation: Stimuli for Health Wealth and Wellness” at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, on November 14 and 15 in Kingston, Jamaica.
The conference has been organised with the support of the University of Technology, Jamaica and the University of Alicante and was attended by the Jamaican STI Community: Minister for Science and Technology, departments and agencies of Government for STI, Higher Education Institutions, Research Organisations and Businesses.
The conference was disseminated by the Scientific Research Council and by the local newspapers:
- Jamaica Observer, November 24, 2016: "SRC hosts 'Science in the Gardens' today"
- Jamaica Observer, October 29, 2016: "November is Science and Technology month",
- Jamaica Observer, October 27, 2016: "Jamaicans urged to take active part in Science and Technology Month"
- Jamaica Observer, October 27, 2016: "Gov't creating supportive framework for science and technology"
- The Gleaner, November 20, 2016: "Science, Technology, And Vision 2030"
- Jamaica Information Service, October 29, 2016: "November is Science and Technology month"
An IPICA Project Coordination meeting was held on Tuesday in the time slot 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM at the Liguanea Club.