Objective: Inventors & entrepreneurs receive practical training on how to create and exploit value from their ideas. The activity is closely related to WP 4 of the project, activities 4.2 and 4.3 where the most promising projects have been selected to receive coaching and support for implementation of innovative projects in the energy sector.
- Based on the results of the innovation ideas competition in IPICA project activity 4.2, inventors & entrepreneurs with promising ideas in the field of energy efficiency and/or social entrepreneurship have been selected and invited to the training workshop.
- Project partner organisations staff involved in knowledge transfer and entrepreneurship support.
The workshop will provide good practice examples and stimulate discussions around the following main topics:
- Market potential identification and evaluation
- Determining Market Attractiveness
- Market Research Tools and Techniques
- Estimating Market Sales Potential
- Conducting a Feasibility Study
- Design and implementation of support services to business analysis and planning (support with understanding how to choose adequate business models, develop business plans including financial and marketing plan, improve or create new products, services and processes in an effective manner)
- Market Mapping: Blue Ocean Strategy
- The Lean Startup Approach
- Business Models: The Business Model Canvas
- Customer Development
- Value creation based on effective IP strategies (branding – trademarks, geogr. indications; patents)
- Introduction to Value Creation based on effective IP Strategies
- Protection of IP using IPR & forms of IP Rights
- The nature of IP Rights
- Effective Use of IP Policies to Foster Innovation, Value Creation and Competitiveness.
- What every entrepreneur needs to know about IP
- Design and implementation of support services to starting up a business (contracts & administrative procedures, relevant actors & intellectual property agents, etc.)
- Factors in Developing Your Business Model
- The Support Services Map of a Business Enterprise – Internal & External Perspectives
- Financial Support Services NEDCO Presentation, IBIS Business Incubation Services, Center for Enterprise Development Support Services
- Finding investors and crucial partners
- Type of investors
- Where to find them locally, Caribbean and internationally
- Pitching to investors
- What investors are looking for
- Structuring investments